Anniversary ticker

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, November 12, 2010

My dog Sydney


Sydney is an Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix. She is the sweetest animal you will ever meet. I fell in love with her the second I saw her picture on the internet. She was in Cedar City, but when Scott and I saw her, we knew we had to get her. So he got in the car, almost right away, and picked her up from the animal shelter that night. I woke up to her cute little paws walking on the bed right next to me, and it was love at first sight. Most adorable thing I ever saw. See her as a baby here. Sydney became our first child at that point. We honestly treat her like a human, and I'm pretty sure she thinks she is. Some wonderful things about Sydney:

1. She loves everyone. Seriously. Even if your are clearly not a dog person and are not interested in her, she will do everything possible to get you to like her, and has succeeded more often then not with everyone she meets.
2. She is the softest and cutest cuddle bug. She loves to snuggle up with me when Scott leaves for work in the morning. I am never lonely.
3. She can open the door and come in when she is outside, and can shut the door. She is that smart.
4. We rarely have her on a leash, and we don't have a fenced yard, because she never runs away. She stays right by us when we take her on walks. She is completely obedient.
5. I have never had to tell her "no" to not chew on Carson's toys. She just knew they weren't hers from day one, even though they are constantly scattered all over the floor.
6. She looks after Carson like "Nanna" from Peter Pan. She comes to me if he starts crying and licks him or puts her paw on him to try to get him to stop crying. Any if I don't go right to Carson as soon as he starts crying, she looks at me like "Aren't you going to take care of him?" It's so cute.
7. She hardly ever barks. Only once when people come to the door, and then as soon as your in, she wants to be your best friend.
8. She licks you and cuddles you when you are sad or sick. She is really affected by your mood.
9. She looks after me and Carson when Scott leaves. Literally. She follows me everywhere.
10. She is very playful. Loves to be loved.
11. And when you want to just relax, she just relaxes with you. Very laid back.
12. She is very smart and learns tricks easily.
13. She chases deer and other animals out of our yard. She loves to guard her yard.
14. I used to be the ultimate cat person, but because of her, I am the ultimate dog person.

Sydney is my baby. She is a big part of our family. I hope she stays healthy and lives a long life, because I don't know how I will ever be able to let her go when the time comes. I have never met a dog like her. She has made my life so much better, and makes me happy when I am down. She loves me no matter what I do or say, or how I feel. She will always be there for me, waiting to be loved and to love me. How wonderful! We are truly blessed to have such a best friend :)

No comments: