It has been so long since I blogged, which is silly, because I have time, I just don't remember to do it! A lot has happened since my last posts, so I will probably be posting a bunch of different ones, so this one won't be a book :)
Watching Carson over the last couple of weeks has inspired me to write down his accomplishments thus far. Here are some things I have noticed that he has accomplished all before turning a year old next Saturday:
1. He has 8 teeth! 4 on top and 4 on bottom. The molars are next! Teething hasn't been fun for him, but he is enjoying being able to use those chompers! (even on people, watch out!)
2. He has been walking since 9 months! Carson has just started to run, or rather walk really fast. He can climb stairs, hills, uneven terrain, and loves to explore all over outside!
3. His favorite place in the whole world is being outside. He LOVES to pick off dandelion heads and chew on them. Yuck! He notices every little crack and rock and bug. Very curious little boy!
4. He just learned how to wave "bye-bye" and just said it out loud this morning for the first time!! He also says "mamma" and "dada".
5. He loves playing "horsey" with Grandpa Young and every time I say "Do you want to go see Grandpa?" he mimmicks bouncing up and down :)
6. He actually listens to me when I tell him no. (most of the time)
7. He has been clapping his hands and bending his knees up and down when you tell him to dance for 2 months now.
8. His favorite food is mandarin oranges, and also loves yogurt and green beans and corn. He has never liked bananas, until this week!
9. He is starting to be nicer to our dog Sydney when we tell her to be "soft", and has recently been going up to her and cuddling and hugging her. (So cute!)
10. He got his first-ever fever last Sunday (for Mother's Day) and has been fighting a cold ever since. Poor thing :(
11. Carson got his first hair cut a couple weeks ago. Mommy was sad to see the curls leave, but his hair was just too long, it was covering his eyes! He was so calm and still when he got the haircut.
12. Carson has been sleeping through the night (11 hours straight) since he was 3 months old. Mommy and Daddy are SPOILED!
13. Carson loves to move and play, and thinks the world is a jungle gym, but with Oma (Grandma) Graham, he will sit with her for long periods of time. (She has MS, and I think he understands she can't run around with him. This is single to only her.)
We are just so lucky to have this little monkey in our lives, and I just can't even believe that in just a week he will be my 1 year old. Honestly, where does the time go? I am just thrilled beyond belief that summer is just around the corner and Carson is big enough to enjoy it! We are going camping, swimming, hiking, playing at parks, walking, running, playing as much as we can this summer! It is going to be a blast, and I just can't wait to show Carson this beautiful world :)
I am a Licensed Massage Therapist and Certified Instructor, as well as a Certified HypnoDoula and graduated from the Utah College of Massage Therapy October 2009. I have been running my own business in my home since then, and I absolutely love what I do. I believe and have felt first-hand the healing power of massage work. I have a passion for birth and empowering the mother and facilitating healing. I have been married for 9 years to my very best friend, and am a mommy to my adorable son's Carson and Ethan and my beautiful daughter Sophia with another on the way!